Location: Richmond, VA
Monument is seeking a Junior Project Manager to join its Implementation team.
The Junior Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of new client implementations and small-scale enhancements for existing clients. This role includes classic project management tasks (e.g. project plans, timelines, requirements documents, design documents, issues logs, risk mitigation plans, and status reports), with heavy emphasis on change management and relationship building. The Junior Project Manager is the “quarterback”, working closely between the client and Monument’s project team to ensure successful delivery.
The Junior Project Manager will schedule and coordinate various working sessions and status meetings internally and with the client. Monument implementation projects require hands-on participation from all project resources, including the Junior Project Manager, that conclude upon successful transition of the customer to the Monument Account Management team.
The following workstreams are typically involved in an implementation:
- Policies & Procedures development in concert with Monument’s account management team
- Workflow and approval chains
- Contract development and execution for both the client and staffing suppliers
- Supplier onboarding activities
- VMS configuration
- Data collection, validation and loading into the VMS
- Development of Communication and Training Plans
- Financial set-up of client invoice and subsequent payment processes between the client, Monument and the suppliers
- Requirements gathering for VMS configuration, account management program development and integrations
The Junior Project Manager will directly contribute to some of these deliverables, and rely on subject matter experts for others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties will include various project management tasks and key application configuration and solution decisions, such as:
- Confirming project scope with customers and partners.
- Scheduling and leading key project activities such as working sessions, meetings, status reporting, issues management and mitigation, etc.
- Ensuring methodology is employed for each project.
- Leading internal project team and client-facing meetings.
- Owning quality and delivery of implementation.
- Setting up the Monument Account Management team for success through properly executed transitions at the time of implementation conclusion.
- Representing Monument as an MSP subject matter expert (SME).
- Providing sound consultation to customers and partners on how to use the VMS application as part of their larger contingent workforce management program.
- Ensuring best-in-class implementations, which means always accentuating the ease, accuracy and speed in which Monument implements new programs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project Management Certification or PMP a plus
- 1-3 years’ related Project Management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Articulate and clear communication style, both written and verbally, with the ability to provide consultation to partners and customers, while managing expectations
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task & prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to influence combined with a roll up your sleeves approach and the ability to execute
- Ability to travel 20% (some weeks no travel, some weeks significant travel).