Location: Richmond, VA preferable but Remote is an option
Monument is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join its Implementation team.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of new client implementations and large-scale enhancements for new and existing clients. This role includes classic project management tasks (e.g. project plans, timelines, requirements documents, design documents, issues logs, risk mitigation plans, and status reports), with heavy emphasis on change management and relationship building. The Senior Project Manager is the “quarterback”, working closely between the client and Monument’s project team to ensure successful delivery.
The Senior Project Manager will schedule and coordinate various working sessions and status meetings internally and with the client. Monument implementation projects require hands-on participation from all project resources, including the Senior Project Manager, that conclude upon successful transition of the customer to the Monument Account Management team. They will be responsible for the planning and management of the more larger and complex implementations.
The following work streams are typically involved in an implementation:
- Policies & Procedures development in concert with Monument’s account management team
- Workflow and approval chains
- Contract development and execution for both the client and staffing suppliers
- Supplier onboarding activities
- Vendor Management System configuration
- Data collection, validation and loading into the VMS
- Development of Communication and Training Plans
- Financial set-up of client invoice and subsequent payment processes between the client, Monument and the suppliers
- Requirements gathering for VMS configuration, account management program development and integrations
The Senior Project Manager will directly contribute to some of these deliverables and rely on subject matter experts for others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties will include various project management tasks and key application configuration and solution decisions, such as:
- Confirming project scope with customers and partners.
- Scheduling and leading key project activities such as working sessions, meetings, status reporting, issues management and mitigation, etc.
- Ensuring methodology is employed for each project.
- Leading internal project team and client-facing meetings.
- Owning quality and delivery of implementation.
- Setting up the Monument Account Management team for success through properly executed transitions at the time of implementation conclusion.
- Representing Monument as an MSP subject matter expert (SME).
- Providing sound consultation to customers and partners on how to use the VMS application as part of their larger contingent workforce management program.
- Ensuring best-in-class implementations, which means always accentuating the ease, accuracy and speed in which Monument implements new programs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters or PMP a plus)
- 8 – 10 years’ related Project Management experience, with an emphasis on large-scale program implementations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Articulate and clear communication style, both written and verbally, with the ability to provide consultation to partners and customers, while managing expectations
- Experience of vendor management systems is a plus
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task & prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to influence combined with a roll up your sleeves approach and the ability to execute
- Ability to travel 20% (some weeks no travel, some weeks significant travel).